Subject: Misc questions + fading patch
From: Eric Lassauge (
Date: 2003-08-21

        Hi everybody, I have several questions/remarks regarding
the latest (daily) versions:

- messages in plugins: what is the prefered (?) method for
translating the messages in the plugins: main .lang file
(and use the str() function in the plugin code) or a
lang file for each plugin ? I think nothing was said on the list
for that.

- I thought by reading the mailing list that the plugins could
be accessed through a generated runtime menu, how can this be
achieved ? All that I could do is "play" the .rockbox/rocks/<name>.rock
file :-<

- several strings are #defined or hardcoded in the code in several places:
for example:
        - favorites.h: FAVORITES_FILE ,
        - playlist_menu.c:DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_NAME,
        - tree.c:"root"
Is'nt it better to have them in the lang file or in the configuration
options ?

- francais.lang is rather obsolete (I didn't send my version of this file
I modified it for the player 11 cells LCD)

- I was wondering if many people use the "volume fade" options. For this I
a patch on sourceforge (see
06&atid=439120 ) to extend this behaviour for the next/previous
song actions. Did you find this usefull ?

| Eric Lassauge <>       |