Subject: Jukebox not playing very long - battery life question
From: Sharon (sharon25_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-08-21

Much thanks to Andreas for a very patient and clear explanation of
steps to take to reformat my 20GB Jukebox Recorder, which helped me
tremendously! I have taken it to work with me twice now.

However...I am very surprised at how quickly the battery runs down. I
charged it fully, until the screen said "Battery Charged", and both
nights I have used it, I have gotten on 4-5 hours play time. The
audiobook I am listening to is 32 bitrate, so that's not the problem.

The job I take it to is a 6-hour shift, and I fully expected to be
able to take just the Jukebox and have a full shift's worth of stuff
to listen to, so this short amount of time on a full charge is
discouraging. Is there anything I can do?

Is there any external battery pack I can plug into the Archos? I have
an iRiver that has rechargeable batteries in it, but that came with a
little battery holder so you can use 2 AA batteries when the
internals die. It is proprietary to the iRiver, though, and won't fit
the Jukebox. Is there anything comparable for the Jukebox?

TIA again for your help....

Sharon