Subject: Re: Jukebox not playing very long - battery life question
From: John Stevenson (steveo1967_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-08-21

Hi Sharon

There does seem to be an issue with charging and Rockbox - that is being investigated.

In the mean time there are a couple of ways to ensure your batteries are fully charged.

1) Remove the batteries and charge in an external charger - (this is the method I use - plus have a spare set - pref with a rating of 2200) - I get between 10 - 14 hours this way per set of batteries.

2) Make sure you can boot your jukebox in Archos mode - not rockbox - there are many ways of doing this but I assume you do not have a flash version of rockbox. what you will need is a copy of the archos firmware (ajbrec.ajz ) file. Rename this to something like ajbrec1.ajz and place on your jukebox.
Switch on Jukebox and select F2 (Middle button of three) select down until is says 'show all files'
Now browse your directory (on button) until you get to the file you transferred - play this file by pressing the play button and you should boot to the archos type screen - now charge your battery until it says battery charged.

(I hope I got the above right - if not someone will correct me)

regards

John