Subject: Re: RockBox
From: roland (
Date: 2003-08-21

hi jerre,
you can`t run .ajz files - you would need an EMULATOR for that.
the simulator is just a special build of rockbox, i.e. it is the
rockbox-code with some additional stuff wrapped "around". you can build
the simulator, if you have the appropriate compiler and have run "configure"
to create a simulator Makefile.
on windows you can install cygwin for that purpose. if that is too large/difficult
for you, wait some more days, i think i will have the win32-rockbox-sdk ready
soon(which is just a stripped-down and easy to install cygwin). it is able to
build the simulator-executable.