Subject: Re: Battery life preservation during work breaks
From: Brent Geery (fasttimes_at_mochamail.com)
Date: 2003-08-22

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:40:03 -0700 (PDT), "Michael O'Quinn"
<michael_at_oquinn.info> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Brent Geery wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:20:17 -0700, Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > > One more question about battery usage:
> > >
> > > I have 5-minute breaks and 10-minute breaks that alternate at work.
> > > Is it better to turn the Jukebox off during those breaks, or leave it
> > > on pause? Which takes less battery power?
> > >
> > > Thanks again for all the wonderful help....
> >
> > It's in the archives, and the FAQs-- turn it off, if more than about
> > 10 seconds of non-use.
>
> No way. It's more like 5 or 10 minutes.

Way.

It was thought to be 5-10 minutes, by someone that didn't know how to
do the calculation correctly. It was later revised when the mistake
in the calculation was discovered. Now, with RomBox, pause is even a
worse deal than it was under the original ROM!

Pause, is all but useless, for power saving purposes.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films