Subject: Re: Pause vs power cycle break-even point - 83.5 seconds
From: Sharon (
Date: 2003-08-22

Well, that was doggone scientific and clear! So the pause is less
power consuming for 1.5 minutes or less, but for my 5- and 10-minute
breaks turning it off is better.

Is there any more or less "wear" on the unit itself caused by turning
it off and on once each hour? The work I do requires us to work fast
and hard, so for ergonomic reasons we get a 5-minute break one hour
and then a 10-minute break the next hour, which is why I asked this
question originally. For battery conservation, turning it off is
better. How about for hard drive life extension? Is that a factor at
all? It's cheaper to buy more batteries than to replace the Jukebox!

Sure are a lot of very smart people on this board....thankfully for me!