Subject: Re: Jukebox not playing very long - battery life question
From: Johan Vromans (jvromans_at_squirrel.nl)
Date: 2003-08-22

Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net> writes:

> However...I am very surprised at how quickly the battery runs down. I
> charged it fully, until the screen said "Battery Charged", and both
> nights I have used it, I have gotten on 4-5 hours play time.

That is too short, period. If your unit is okay, and your (standard)
batteries are okay, it should run for about 10 hours. I do so, daily.

However, there are some quirks with the Rockbox charger (i.e.,
charging while Rockbox is running) that are still being sorted out.
For that reason I always use the charger screen (i.e., switch the unit
off, then plus in the charger cable). After a while the unit is fully
charged and capable of its 10-hour duty.

Disclaimer: that's how it works for me.

-- Johan