Subject: Re: I don't think I'm that dumb

Re: I don't think I'm that dumb

From: Remo Hofer <remo.nospam_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:53:59 +0200

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> Neon John wrote:
>> How the heck do you turn off the Studio 10? Other than holding the ON button
>> until it reboots. Nowhere in the docs does it tell how.
>
> I assume you mean the STOP key. Since it reboots, you seem to have the
> charger connected. The Studio can't shut off with the charger connected.

Mine can do it. At least it goes to the Archos firmware charging screen.

>> Another "I can't be that dumb" question. Where are the battery parameters?
>> I've been through all the menues and can't find them. My Studio is running
>> fairly warm with the wall wart plugged in which I think indicates
>> overcharging. It's going to be on the wart about 99% of the time, as it is my
>> "muzak" source in the restaurant.
>
> The Studio models have hardware-controlled charging, and the firmware
> has no control over it, hence there are no battery controls.

The charger delivered with most players is not regulated and has an
output voltage with is too high for long time charging (upto 15 V even
so it says 9 V). Ideal would be an regulated output of 10 V, but a
regulated charger with 9 V will also do it (charging will be a little
bit slower). I've got one, and my studio doesn't get that hot anymore
during and after charging.
Remo