Subject: Re: NEWKEYS v2
From: Gajdos_at_metatem.net
Date: 2003-08-22

> We also started on a minor refactoring of the menu code to make it easier to
> use the functions for all sorts of menus, without getting a lot of extra cruft
> brought to all menus (for example the f2/f3 key handling).
>
> Feel free to comment!

Looks good.

Found no ? in NEWKEYS, but I have some comments on recording anyway, if
that's OK? :)

Plus, it might be useful to treat startup as a mode (Rockbox in flash).

---- NEWKEYS

RECORDING
=========
 UP/DOWN -
 LEFT/RIGHT - increase/decrease gain
 PLAY - start/pause recording
 F1 - goto MENU
 F2 - while recording, start a new file now
 F3 - context-sensive MENU, recorder settings
 ON -
 OFF - stop recording, exit recording screen

(added pause + F2)

STARTUP (if Rockbox firmware in flash)
=======
keys pressed while starting (with ON or by attaching power supply):
 UP/DOWN -
 LEFT/RIGHT -
 PLAY -
 F1 - original firmware
 F2 -
 F3 - start recording
 OFF -

----

And yes, I record a lot with the Archos :) /JG