Subject: Friday night at work - battery situation update
From: Sharon (sharon25_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-08-23

I painstakingly (first time was a doozy!) changed the batteries in my
Jukebox 20GB Recorder Friday with fully-charged 1600 NiMH batteries.
My job is a 6-hour shift with alternating 5- and 10-minute breaks. My
plan was to pause on 5-minute breaks and turn off on 10-minute
breaks. We had a surprise meeting after 3 hours and I "meant" to turn
the unit off, anticipating being away 20 minutes or so. I must have
put it on pause rather than turning it off, because to my horror it
was still showing the list on the LCD when I got back from the
meeting! (I guess you have to push harder to make sure it's turned
off?)

But, even with an unplanned 20-minute pause, the batteries DID last
the 6 hours, which was my goal and better than the 4 hours I got with
the green 1500 original batteries. So I'm thinking when the 2200
batteries I ordered arrive (that I paid too much for after reading
John's post!), it should play for 8 hours or more.

Thanks for all the wonderfully helpful information on this and every
other subject I've broached to this group of very intelligent people!

Sharon