Subject: Re: early adopter needed for player flashing
Date: 2003-08-24

> > No point in doing so, I'm 99.9% shure it's SST37.
> I wonder if one can apply the programming voltage externally and be able
> to program it in place...?

I had the same chip and spent some thoughts on this, believe me. If I read
the datasheet correct, the voltage has to be connected to two pins and must
follow a timing, it's not just statically connected. And the rest of the
circuit needs to be disconnected, or it will fry the other bus components (like the
CPU). This would imply building a kind of programming device. And once this
is tediously done, you still can't update, unless you do the whole procedure

The easier way is to solder in a new chip, but probably I wouldn't do that
for "just" a player.

3. Arcor - 4. - 5. T-Online - 6. - 7. daybyday - 8. e-Post