Subject: Unlock Hard disk

Unlock Hard disk

From: <morvandiau77_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:24:56 +0200

Hi all,

I tried to unlock my player with the ArchosUnlock.exe software but the software
crash with :
- I/O error dev16:00 hdc sector 6
- unable to read partition table
- Kernel panic unable to mount root fs on 21:02

After that I extracted the HD and connected it to a PC, launched ATAPWD software.
It appears that the HD is lock (S+ E+ L+ F- X+ M+).
I tried with an enter password and all spaces password (may be there is a
length) but I had the message "Error command rejected by drive".
I tried to erase all data but the result was the same.
All SMART capabilities are OK.

My HD is DK23BA-50 and may be the password is different from other HDs.
Do you know a tool for getting password ?

Thank you for your help.

Bernard