Subject: RE: NEWKEYS v2
From: Kjell Ericson (
Date: 2003-08-25

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Andreas Stemmer wrote:

> > I made the cancel function because I think pressing "stop" for
> > accepting a setting is confusing.
> I don't have a player, but I agree that hitting stop is the best solution
> for the cancel action, but I can also understand that many users are
> confused with this behaviour. Wouldn't it be the easiest solution to keep
> the behaviour but add a short "Canceled" message when leaving the menu with
> stop?

Yup, I believe so too!

...and that is exactly how it is now :-) (but how could you know).

Some people think it is annoying/confusing when they need to redo their
changes (after seeing that cancel-message). While I got annoyed when I
couldn't cancel my change.

Being a recorder-owner sure makes life easier... :-)

  // Kjelle