Subject: Re: Sound back in both ears! What is a cfg file?
From: Sharon (sharon25_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-08-25

>Also, in general with computers, it's always good to have a backup, and
>writing a config file does just that. Even better is writing a config
>file and then saving that to your computer's hard disk, which provides an
>even better backup. (For example, I have had my GPS receiver for years,
>and it has NEVER failed or crashed and I have never lost any data I have
>stored on it. Nevertheless, after a long trip I'm always uneasy until
>I've backed up all my new waypoints to my PC, just in CASE something
>happens.)
>
>Michael

That's a VERY good idea, backing the .cfg file up on the PC. I like
anything that saves me headaches later on.

Boy would a GPS receiver be nice....I get lost in my own neighborhood
sometimes! When God was passing out gyroscope chips for brains, I was
AWOL and have zero sense of direction.... (o:

Thanks for that info about backing up the .cfg, Michael....

sharon