Subject: special request ...

special request ...

From: <rockbox_at_roundcheck.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:28:32 -0400

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am posing this question here because I don't want to muddy up the 'official'
request list without some confidence that it fits into the regular scheme of
things.

I am a musician and want to use this mp3 player as an accompaniment device for
live performance. If I were just wanting to play mp3 tracks start to finish, I
would not have to do anything. But what I want is:

The ability to take a complete mp3 sound track and cut it up into logical
pieces, such as intro,verse, chorus, bridge, ending, vamp, etc. Then I want the
ability to have those parts shown in the player window and be able to choose
the part that plays next (queue it up) by using the up/down arrow keys and
pressing play to place the part in the queue. When the current part ends, the
queued part plays.

This doesn't seem to be a feature that even 5% of the RockBox users would want
to use. So ...

Is it possible to split off thie effort into a new CVS thread so that it can
share the majority of the code?

Or is it possible to write an entirely separate application that runs under
RockBox so that the user could switch back and forth between the two?

Where would someone get enough information on the current software design of
the mp3 playback thread to be able to write such a program?

Jim