Subject: Re: special request ...

Re: special request ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:23:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 rockbox_at_roundcheck.com wrote:

> Is there any real documentation for Rockbox? Like 'how to write a plugin' or
> maybe the documents that the web site talks about bu has no links to like :
>
> API docs
> Software Design
> Understanding the Rockbox multi-threading
>
> I looked in CVS, but there isn't much there.

There isn't much no. Here's how I suggest you proceed:

1. Read the source. Doing plugin code is easiest done by reading the source of
   existing plugins.

2. Ask questions here.

3. Ask questions on IRC.

4. Try it!

After all, I bet we've had 100 persons who have provided patches or entirely
new code chunks for Rockbox, and if they all managed to understand (parts of)
the Rockbox source code, so could you! ;-)