Subject: RE: NEWKEYS v2
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-08-26

Kjell Ericson wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Andreas Stemmer wrote:
>
>>> I made the cancel function because I think pressing "stop" for
>>> accepting a setting is confusing.
>>
>> I don't have a player, but I agree that hitting stop is the best
>> solution for the cancel action, but I can also understand that many
>> users are confused with this behaviour. Wouldn't it be the easiest
>> solution to keep the behaviour but add a short "Canceled" message
>> when leaving the menu with stop?
>
> Yup, I believe so too!
>
> ...and that is exactly how it is now :-) (but how could you know).

Silly me! I could know, because it's the same on the recorder, I just didn't
remember and was too lazy to try it. Shame on me...
But then I don't understand why there's this discussion about it. Of course
the UI is not perfect if the user doesn't intuitively know which button to
press to leave or to cancel, but there are limited keys on the player and
after the first try, the user should know it. I like it the way it is now!

Andreas Stemmer