Subject: Re: NEWKEYS v2
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-08-26

c s wrote:
> I am amazed that there is even any argument about this
> point. This is very very very basic stuff that you
> would learn in any introductory book on designing good
> user interfaces.

While I agree that the STOP-cancel thing is bad, I suspect that the
books you are referring to don't really apply to this case, where we try
to squeeze a UI design into a box with a completely silly set of keys.

No sane person would ever design the keypad like that with menu
navigation in mind. No UI design book would ever suggest a PLAY and a
STOP key for navigating a menu or a directory tree. We have to live with
that and do the best of the situation.

I vote for removing the cancel function.

Linus