Subject: Re: NEWKEYS v2

Re: NEWKEYS v2

From: c s <rb_dev_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 02:27:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> > > Uhuu, are you really serious that this should be
> a logic thing and user
> > > friendly?
> >
> > It beats using the key that everyone expects to go
> back one level, and beats
> > it by a long shot...
>
> If you say that stop/cancel is a hidden function and
> that is a bad UI-design,
> how can you even suggest such stupid thing as
> ON+ON+STOP. That if anything is
> hidden and (more or less) impossible to tell the
> user to use.

The problem isn't that the cancel function is hidden.
The problem is that it is hidden AND mapped to a key
that the user expects to do some other common function
the manual to know where it is hidden, but with
ON+ON+STOP everyone won't be accidentally canceling
the setting that they just changed. Actually you
probably won’t have to read the manual to find where
it is currently hidden because it unexpectedly reveals
itself so often as you intuitively hit the key to go
back one menu level and mutter to yourself, “damn, I
have to redo my setting selection AGAIN”.

=====
Craig

rb_dev_at_yahoo.com