Subject: Charging values

Charging values

From: ten Velde family <tenvelde_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:33:09 +1200

I have noticed what appears to be a rather peculiar variation in battery
level display.

Today I charged the recorder from "flat" (9% indicated in the "play"
screen) for several hours after which it showed somewhere around 44% (in
the "off" charging state screen). I needed to move the recorder, so
unplugged the charger and took it home with me.

When I got home (about 15 minutes later) I plugged in the charger and was
greeted with "100%"! I left it on charge anyway for an hour or two, over
which period of time the indicator dropped to somewhere around 85%
(recorder off, display indicated that it was charging)

I removed the charger and turned the recorder on. It indicated 41% in the
"play" screen (nothing playing).

Which of these figures should I rely on? (if any)

I'm running CVS.030826 (flashed) deep discharge off, trickle on (BTW, do
these settings make any difference if the unit is "off"? I assume not)

Cheers
John ten Velde

---