Subject: Re: deep discharge option
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-08-27

De Lucia, Peter [IT] wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I was reading in the FAQ section of the rockbox website that it is
> better set the deep discharge option to on when having the archos
> jukebox plugged in to the charger while itís on.

Not entirely true. If you have the charger connected as an external
power source rather than solely to charge the batteries, then you should
probably use the Deep discharge. If you want to be sure that the
batteries are 100% charged when you unplug it, then you should use the
trickle charge.

> I have an FM Recorder, I was looking through the menus and couldnít
> fine this option. Can someone tell me where it is?

The FM recorder has hardware controlled charging, so there are no such
options.

Linus