Subject: RE: Archos Flash & Daily Build
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-08-27

Arturo Gonzalez wrote:
> Except I'm confused about how to fix a problem: I installed the latest
> Daily Build before flashing the Rockbox, and realized that I need the
> *.ajz file at Jorg's FTP site. I then followed all of his instructions
> and it worked fine. Except that some of the functions don't work
> anymore. Specifically the Demos and Games give an "[Incompatible
> Version]" error when I try to run them. Is this because I need to
> follow step #6 in the FAQ: 6. How do I bring in a current / my
> personal build of Rockbox?

The demos and games are plugins. Because the plugin concept is relatively
new, the interface changed several times in the past few weeks. This means,
new plugins won't work with an old rockbox version (your constellation) or
vice versa.
Do the following: Download the latest daily build package (zip-file) and
extract it on your jukebox. You'll have the newest plugins then. Boot your
jukebox and rolo the new ajbrec.ajz (if it doesn't load automatically). You
have the newest rockbox version in memory now and should be able to use all
the plugins. To flash this newest build, browse to the .rockbox directory
and "play" the rockbox.ucl file. The flash-plugin will be started
automatically and do the rest.
You can delete the ajbrec.ajz if you want, it won't be loaded at startup
anymore, because the new flashed rockbox versions lost this functionality
for faster booting.

Andreas Stemmer