Subject: Re: expanding 400 song directory for dummies
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-08-28

Additional RAM is needed and this decreases the buffer size which
increases disk use and consequently decreases battery life and increases
the chance of skipping.

A side benefit of having things organized is being able to find particular
tracks quickly. Assuming your filenames are Artist - Title.mp3 or some
variation of, how quickly could you scroll down to Madonna - Like a
Virgin.mp3 in a directory of 700 tracks, vs. navigating to
/Music/Pop/Madonna/ wherein you find maybe 20 or 30 tracks? Or even a
step further to add another level for albums?