Subject: Re: expanding 400 song directory for dummies
From: Chris Hoekstra (chris_hoekstra_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2003-08-28

I run into this issue all the time with audio books. They have 4 minute
files/chapters and so there are hundreds of files for a single audio
book. Does anyone know of a program that can aggregate these files into
a single mp3? I have tried several and either they don't fix the
headers (conCAT the files only) so the FF/REW and display doesn't show
appropriate info, or they are a tedious cut and paste operation that
would take days for all of the files.

I would like something fairly automated, can be either *nix or Wintel,
and just add a bunch of mp3 files together and adjust the header
appropriately. I guess I could use VBR fix now that we have that, or
one of the other mp3 file program, but that should have to be done.

Thanks in advance,
Chris H.