Subject: Re: Friday night at work - battery situation update
From: Chris Hoekstra (chris_hoekstra_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2003-08-28

I play quite a bit of audio books and have noticed that the stock green
1500mah batteries last forever! However, at the decreased bitrate that
audio books are, rockbox can fit lots of data in the 2Mb memory. I have
a pile of 1800mah batteries lying around and haven't even needed to
replace the stock ones since I get way over 10 hours of life with these
low bitrates.

Now when I play 192bps files, that is another story. The HD is running
all the time filling up the buffer/memory and I get quite a bit less
battery life.

Chris H.