Subject: Re: play WAV?

Re: play WAV?

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:07:26 +0100

The JB is more than capable of doing it - WHEN we get developer info on the
decoder chip.

Never say die. The best way to guarantee failure is to give up.

Once we have the 3507 SDK, we'll be able to play pretty much everything,
wav, ogg, karaoke, midi, mod, etc. etc.

The wav->mp3 idea is a good one, but sadly the CPU just doesn't have the
required power :(

When this question (or more specifically ANY other format) comes up, what
we SHOULD say on the group is:
"Yes, this CAN be done ...BUT we need the 'Software Developer Kit' (SDK)
for the MAS 3507-D Hardware MP3 decoder chip from the company 'Micronas'
...perhaps you know someone who can help?"

...let's face it we only need ONE person to say "actually my mate works
with audio stuff, I'll ask him" to be 'on to a winner' (as we say in the UK)

Maybe you can think of an even more tempting way to word it?
...So far the closest I have got is a friend of a friend who said he knew
everything about the chip, but when challenged on programming he clarified
that he meant "anything about it electrically"
...I asked if he knew anyone else who could help and he said he would keep
his ear to the ground for me
...Anyone else know a person in either the electronic industry or who works
at a university - Micronas will almost certainly throw a free dev kit at a
convincing electronics student!?

BC