Subject: Re: NEWKEYS v2

Re: NEWKEYS v2

From: ehart42 <ehart42_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:25:10 -0400

I realize I'm new here, but I don't understand the desire to eliminate the Cancel function. One of the virtues of Windows as a totally interactive UI is that you can explore and experiment without committing to any (possibly damaging) changes. You can explore the boundaries of each setting to understand how all setting inter-relate without messing up your system.

My $.02 is that EVERY changeable setting of EVERY UI should have a Cancel feature.

Eric

"CombThins" <bmnews_at_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> So once we are looking at the old value you really want to:
> 1. do PLUS/MINUS to change to desired value
> 2. press STOP to get confirm message
> 3. Press PLAY or STOP to accept or cancel selection.

Sorry, looking back maybe I misunderstood, do you want:
  do PLUS/MINUS to change to desired value
then:
  press PLAY to accept and to get confirm message
or
  press STOP to start cancelling and get confirm message
  then
    press STOP again to really cancel, or press PLAY to accept (or go back
to edit maybe)

Not so bad as I thought - but I am still tending towards just discarding the
cancel function.