Subject: Re: play WAV?

Re: play WAV?

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:41:23 +0100

Dearest Dan the badger man,

While you are "guessing" ...why not "guess" at a good outcome ...it will
make you feel happier, and, let's face it ...you stated quite clearly that
you are ONLY "guessing"

You say that some of the Rockbox core developers believe it is possible
...well, actually, you stated it in the negative ...but if there are X
"developers" and Y of them believe that they could not do it (where Y<X)
then logically there must be Z developers who believe that (with the right
information) that they COULD do it!

This is FANTASTIC news, I'm glad that I am not on my own in the belief that
this CAN be done.

I do LOVE your analogy of OGG being the BLUE WHALE of compression systems -
I don't like it either!
But given that OGG developers are as 'never-say-die' as most linux freaks I
know, I'll let THEM solve THAT problem if they are interested enough.
...I'm guessing some form of compactor might be useful - squash your Blue
Whale to a more manageable size; or perhaps you could put only the BITS of
Blue Whale in the fish tank that you wished to see at that time; or perhaps
some combination of the two; or perhaps something else that a clever mind
can think of...
Meh! It's all academic really ...as I say, I really don't like OGG anyway
- My aim is to turn the JBR into a music composer and add sound effects to
my games... first person shoot-em-ups really aren't the same without sound.

What a shame the first guy was scared off :(
Still, 'there are plenty more fish in the sea' :)

Stay positive :)

BC