Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: What happened to my batteries ???

What happened to my batteries ???

From: SeeSchloss <SeeSchloss_at_9online.fr>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:40:40 +0100

Hi,

I already have had a problem with my FM Recorder (both leds were blinking, and it would not turn on anymore) and I sent it back to Archos. They gave me another unit which worked fine, but I didn't use it for quite a while (about two months...). This evening I wanted to prepare it since the holidays are about to end (synchronize the songs with the ones I have on my PC, put the last Rockbox version, etc), I opened the drawer and... the li-ion batteries had inflated and forced the unit to open, breaking the screen, the solder points and a corner of the main board !!!!

You can see a picture here : http://seeschloss.free.fr/archos/batteries.JPG
(I took it with my scanner so the quality is not excellent but this can give you an idea of what they look like...)

The unit is not under warranty anymore, and after having heard that li-ion batteries can explode when in contact wth air, I must say I'm a bit afraid... I put them alone in a closed cupboard...

Any advice ? Should I complain to Archos even though the warranty is ended ? Thanks.

- SeeSchloss