Subject: Battery Life ...

Battery Life ...

From: <rockbox_at_roundcheck.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:28:52 -0400

I have an observation to make, for all of you who have had questions about how
long the batteries should last.

Some have said that the headphones that come with the Archos are very low
fidelity. No doubt, you have substituted better ones by now.

Each set of headphones has differing characteristics. I know for certain that
if I use my Sony 7808 Studio headphones, that the batteries will drain a lot
faster than the original Archos supplied headphones.

So, if you are using a better set of phones, then you should expect shorter
operation times. It all depends on how efficient the system is.

I don't think anyone has the time to make performance charts for different
headphones, so please don't ask.

Jim