Subject: Re: Battery Life ...
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-09-02

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:28:52 -0400, rockbox_at_roundcheck.com wrote:

> So, if you are using a better set of phones, then you should expect
> shorter operation times. It all depends on how efficient the system is.

I don't follow this logic at all. Even as a "rule of thumb", it implies
that all high performance headphones are high impedance and/or lower
sensitivity. At the very least, I would substitute "more efficient" for
"better" in the above statement.

> I don't think anyone has the time to make performance charts for
> different headphones, so please don't ask.
>
> Jim

It's not even worth it anyway. The difference in power output to the
phones is so miniscule compared to HDD operation, it would be difficult to
justify the effort.

Chris