Subject: Re: play WAV?
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-09-03

> > WAV simple does it get?
>It is not that simple.

Everything is simple once it has been explained clearly ;)

>Let's play with the thought that you can use the 4KB ram to reprogram the
>MAS to play WAV. How are you gonna be able to feed it the ncessecary
>amount of data? There's not enough bandwidth for 44khz 16bit WAV.

Then I'm guessing that either (a) we do not try to send that much data in
one go, or (b) we use some form of on-the-fly adpcm (or similar)
compression to overcome the problem.

Both systems may present a compromise of the original quality - but let's
face it ...the alternative is nothing!

>(Althought admittedly a lower bitrate could be fed.)

Now you're on my wavelength :)

>I look forward for your apologies for your numerous expressed and implied

I'm not sure what you have decided to take personally. But be assured that
you are mistaken in doing so. My apologies for not making that clear for
you earlier. As I have said before, I am in your favour for helping me to
sustain this thread and bring our plight to the public eye :)