Subject: Re: Antiskip settings not permanent? / default.cfg
From: Leslie Donaldson (donaldlf_at_lolth.aztechnologyinc.com)
Date: 2003-09-05

response :)

There is a default block read in that contains the default
settings. On some models it's in a battery backup prom or
eeprom. On the lower end model it's a block on the disk.
This block does contain the buffer_margin aka antiskip
settings. On upgradeing firmware or swapping disk drives this
block will be marked invalid.

I'm not 100 % sure when this block gets flushed but it appears when
ever you back out of the main menu or changing volume per say.

What version of the firmware and what's the player/recorder/etc you
have. I have a few spare hours this weekend and I want to track another
bug I found so I can take a look.

Of corse your milage may vary,

Disclaimer: I'm not an official developer of rockbox, just A user
           who is an senior programmer and need something to
         toy with. (which explains why I have memory chips on order.)