Subject: Re: Cheap/good digital-audio Boston Acoustics BA735
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-09-06

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 02:38:54 +0100, BlueChip wrote:

>> Okay a better way would be to say
>>

>> I^O (xor operator)
>> because it all depends on which end of the pipe you're looking down.
>>
>> Anybody know of an usb bridge device? Connect to slave usb devices
>> together. hmmm ..
>>

> the dilemma there is that the device in the middle will need to know
> the protocols for both of the communicating devices, on the hdd side it
> is a standard "USB hard drive" I don't know if cameras are the all the
> same!?

Actually the terminology is Mass Storage Device or MSD. There are several
devices with HDD onboard that will connect to most any MSD conforming
device, as most digital cameras (and a few MP3 players) are, and these
devices typically include a card reader. I have not run across a USB
"bridge" device as described though. It is technically possible, but the
key would be if there was a market for such a device.

Of course the JBMM with card reader could act as one of these devices, but
I do understand the desire to use already purchased devices for additional
functionality.

Chris