Subject: Re: For all who doesn't know...

Re: For all who doesn't know...

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 16:41:37 -0400

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 13:04:31 -0700 (PDT), scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com>
wrote:

>--- "F. Andres" <planet77_at_gmx.net> wrote:
>> There is a very easy way to have a 'full' random option.
>> If you use the program Jukebox Library Maker (it's among other files a
>> file called sbdgui.exe and a file called id3browse, someone from the
>> list sure knows where to download it - sorry I forgot it) and choos
>> the option SONGS COMPILATION this will make one huge File with all
>> mp3's in every directory on your Jukebox.
>> If you play it and shuffle it you have every song in random play (I
>> have 23xx songs), I know that this maybe old news but I found out a
>> few weeks ago and I think it's among the other options of the programm
>> a very helpfull thing.
>>
>> Fred
>
>you can also you 'create playlist' in the root directory, and play that on random

Or if you don't want to fool with any additional software, at the command
line,

dir /b/s |sort >foo.m3u

Recurses through all the directories from where you are on down, creating a
list of fully qualified file names, sorts them and writes them to a file, here
named foo.m3u. That's all you need for a playlist. You can optionally edit
out the drive letter but that's not necessary - rockbox ignores the drive
designator.

I have a Studio 10 dedicated to background music in my restaurant. I have a
batch file containing the above. I want everything on the unit to play
randomly. Each time I add more music to the drive I just run the bat file to
reconstitute the playlist.

John

PS: Rockbox has been running for over 6 weeks now without a reboot. Good job
guys.

John
---
John De Armond