Subject: Re: For all who doesn't know...
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-09-07

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 13:04:31 -0700 (PDT), scott <>

>--- "F. Andres" <> wrote:
>> There is a very easy way to have a 'full' random option.
>> If you use the program Jukebox Library Maker (it's among other files a
>> file called sbdgui.exe and a file called id3browse, someone from the
>> list sure knows where to download it - sorry I forgot it) and choos
>> the option SONGS COMPILATION this will make one huge File with all
>> mp3's in every directory on your Jukebox.
>> If you play it and shuffle it you have every song in random play (I
>> have 23xx songs), I know that this maybe old news but I found out a
>> few weeks ago and I think it's among the other options of the programm
>> a very helpfull thing.
>> Fred
>you can also you 'create playlist' in the root directory, and play that on random

Or if you don't want to fool with any additional software, at the command

dir /b/s |sort >foo.m3u

Recurses through all the directories from where you are on down, creating a
list of fully qualified file names, sorts them and writes them to a file, here
named foo.m3u. That's all you need for a playlist. You can optionally edit
out the drive letter but that's not necessary - rockbox ignores the drive

I have a Studio 10 dedicated to background music in my restaurant. I have a
batch file containing the above. I want everything on the unit to play
randomly. Each time I add more music to the drive I just run the bat file to
reconstitute the playlist.

PS: Rockbox has been running for over 6 weeks now without a reboot. Good job

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN