Subject: mp3 features
From: Leslie Donaldson (donaldlf_at_lolth.aztechnologyinc.com)
Date: 2003-09-09

Hello,
  Quick question from here. I was surfing and ran across the following doc.

http://replaygain.hydrogenaudio.org/

Which details an loudness algorithm for balanceing playback volume levels
so that all songs are the same "precevied volume level" as the say
"fix" sound pressure levels.

Also I was looking at frawm ID 4.17 Popularimeter. ( How popular or how many
times have you requested this mp3.)

Questions:
1) If I implement command line tools for these any one interested?
   ( Linux i386/alpha and win 2000 or higher command line.)

2) I was thinking of either verifying support in rockbox or adding
   some sort of support. (I havent read the source yet on this subject.)
   Any intrest out there????

3) This may take me a little while because Ihave memory chips on order :)

Donaldson