Rockbox mail archive
Subject: flash news: fix for FMs having to hold "on", and more.
Hi Flashboxers or to-be ones,
I made some overdue updates last night, see changes in:
and my webspace (notice it's one directory deeper now):
- FM users don't have to hold "on" for an extended time any more. This is a
change in the bootloader, so you have to reflash the whole thing (using
firmware_flash.rock and the updated file).
- I also updated the Recorder package to include a current Rockbox version.
No reflashing necessary for the people who already flashed their recorders
und updated the UCL. This is just more comfort for new users, the included
version obviously has all recent fixes and can play UCLs.
- I committed the firmware_flash.rock plugin, so it will appear in the usual
builds, automatically getting the plugin API changes as they happen. No need
to dig out the old flash package in case you want to use it.
- firmware_flash.rock now does a CRC check on the file to be programmed,
meaning it fails on my old firmware files which had none. Use a file from the
- All the other sources of my internal tools, the bootloader, etc. are now
available from my webspace:
There was some criticism lately for me witholding that, which is absolutely
not intended. I just wanted to prevent people from fooling around, as already
seen. I'm very good at blaming myself for issuing bad stuff by not having
tested hard enough, but not at blaming others. Well, now here's all the stuff
for review, you're welcome to help me on this, especially non-recorder
platforms (which I can't test myself).
COMPUTERBILD 15/03: Premium-e-mail-Dienste im Test
1. GMX TopMail - Platz 1 und Testsieger!
2. GMX ProMail - Platz 2 und Preis-Qualitätssieger!
3. Arcor - 4. web.de - 5. T-Online - 6. freenet.de - 7. daybyday - 8. e-Post
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew