Subject: Re: usb2 on the archos

Re: usb2 on the archos

From: David McIntyre <plugh_at_mudbarn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:04:09 -0700

The specs would show that USB 2 is faster than Firewire. The actual benchmarks
show that Firewire is faster by a pretty broad margin. As far as hard drive
access goes, drive transfer rates are measured in megabytes/sec, as the
communication to the drive runs in parallel. Serial data communication, like
Firewire, USB, and Ethernet, measure speeds in megabits/sec.

--
David McIntyre         plugh_at_mudbarn.com        http://www.mudbarn.com
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7