Subject: New Machine
From: Glenn Ervin at home (
Date: 2003-09-12

I finally got my Jukebox 20 FM recorder.
I am so far still using the Archos O S.
I want to master its use before venturing into RockBox, or talkbox.
I have a few questions, one is for the Blind users, and the other is for
anyone else.
Can you give me a step by step set of directions for using the FM radio, and
navigating through the folders & selecting & playing files, including
adjusting the volume?
I think I have all of the keys figured out, but the sequences are still not
clear, and I may have really already messed it up.

I have installed it onto my home computer, and I copied/made about 13 or 14
folders on the Jukebox.
I put about 100 mp3's into one of the folders.
I cannot open the folder, and I cannot seem to even get the radio to work
any more.
I get a list of folders, but I cannot open any of them.
When I push a button, I just get either a screen that says U S B, or a
screen that says Archos with a progress bar and it reads that it is version
1.3 something, and it takes about 15 seconds before that screen goes away.
I did move all of the files out of the jukebox, as they all seemed to be all
demonstration MP3 files.
Maybe there was a file here needed for the jukebox to work correctly?
Any thoughts?

"Live long and prosper",
O. Glenn Ervin (Lenny) N0YJV
Northeast Nebraska
The above address can also be found on MSM.
work e-mail: