Subject: RE: A few 8MB upgrade chips available

RE: A few 8MB upgrade chips available

From: Harold Toler <herg_at_vzavenue.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:43:01 -0400

It's not nearly as 'evil' as what Leslie is saying. Of course, I am two
out of three on the examples, so I might not be the right person to say
that. The GBA Afterburner is a piece of cake compared to the Archos
memory.

In general, I would say that a stereo microscope is highly recommended,
and the wires are definitely the hard part.

I've seen pictures of Jorg's work, and it is a thing of beauty. If I
had a camera available I'd take some pictures of mine.

When I was searching for the chips, I tried the Palm sources, but most
wanted like $25 per chip and were out of stock. I ended up buying a lot
of 12, and I think that's all they had. I'm trying to research computer
memory to see if I can find some with the right parts on it. If I can,
I'd be willing to desolder some for cost.

BTW, I have one chip left.