Subject: Re: What would you get right now?

Re: What would you get right now?

From: Mark Bright <mark.bright_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:25:27 +0100

I can second the iPod thing... I foolishly sold my 20 GB Recorder because
of lack of disk space (and lack of confidence to attempt a drive replacment)
and got one of the 30 GB 'New' iPods.... I hate it

Yes it is incredibly light, amazingly small and stunningly sexy but...
Battery life about 6 hours max, awfull user interface, the whole database
driven front end would mean weeks of tweaking ID3 tags. In the 6 weeks I
used it, it crashed and lost all my music 3 times, and the battery indicator
says fully charged right up the point where it shuts down!

The restore is rubbish... No Bookmarks (Come on lads when can we have
Bookmarks in the 'proper' Rockbox build), and if you Dock the iPod to charge
it, you loose you resume...

basically £400 down the tubes, it's now up for sale at about £300 if you
know anyone ...? And I have just had a FM Recorder with a 40 GB HDD fitted
from http://www.newmp3technology.com/, Flashed it with Rockbox and am once
again a happy bunny....