Subject: What would you get right now?
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-09-17

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. My second FMR, this one only weeks old, is
gone. First the looping while trying to boot, now happening about every other
boot attempt, and now a broken display. I saw some sort of black stuff that
looked like padding floating around on the display yesterday. Tonight the
display broke as I pushed one of the function keys. I'm finished with FMRs.
Just can't take the "quality".

Now I'm needing a suggestion as to what to buy. I'd like to keep the graphic
display like the FMR has if I could. Great execution of Rockbox, of course.
At least 15 gig and preferably 20 gig. Must be something available from
vendors that offer replacement warranties (NOT some ebay schmuck). I don't
have the time right now to do a hard drive swap so buying another studio 10
from Amazon and swapping in a larger drive isn't an option.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN