Subject: charging via USB?
From: Minuk Choi (
Date: 2003-09-18

    newcomer here. I bought a 15 GB Archos FM Recorder after seeing the RockBox webpage(from eBay). I'm a little curious as to the charging process. That is, there is a USB 2.0 port(for file transmission) and a DC port(for charging). But is it possible to re-charge the batteries through the USB 2.0 connection?

    Also, is there a way to rollback to the original firmware(RockBox does not have FM features)? I mean, I like RockBox... but it's also a shame that I can't use the FM features. When I checked the device, there were no .ajz files to back up and to roll over. So, is there a 'reset to original settings' feature that I'm not familiar with? Or can someone send me a copy of their original .ajz file? Thanks.