Subject: Re: charging via USB?
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2003-09-18

Minuk Choi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> newcomer here. I bought a 15 GB Archos FM Recorder after seeing
> the RockBox webpage(from eBay). I'm a little curious as to the
> charging process. That is, there is a USB 2.0 port(for file
> transmission) and a DC port(for charging). But is it possible to
> re-charge the batteries through the USB 2.0 connection?
>
> Also, is there a way to rollback to the original firmware(RockBox
> does not have FM features)? I mean, I like RockBox... but it's also
> a shame that I can't use the FM features. When I checked the device,
> there were no .ajz files to back up and to roll over. So, is there
> a 'reset to original settings' feature that I'm not familiar with?
> Or can someone send me a copy of their original .ajz file? Thanks.

AFAIK the FM recorders (but not the non-FM models) can recharge or at
least draw some power via the USB connection. The FM tuner is supported
by all recent versions of rockbox - try downloading a daily build if you
are using rockbox 2.0 or earlier. You really do *not* want to use the
Archos firmware. =)