Subject: Re: What would you get right now?

Re: What would you get right now?

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:05:16 -0400

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:30:05 -0400, "Chuck Urwiler" <curwiler_at_comcast.net>
wrote:

>You did notice this is USB 1.1 not 2.0, right? Looks like they are slated
>to release a 2.0 device in October, though.

That doesn't matter. I don't have a lot of churn on my machine. Just an
occasional audio book load or a few songs.

>I just might sell my FMR for this unit... It looks cooler and looks more
>expandable (i.e., they have the option of playing formats other than MP3)

I'll give it a good wringing out when it gets here and report. I like the
idea of being able to load up a day's listening and then pull it out of the
docking station. Having a hard drive on my hip is the one thing that I never
quite got used to with the FMR. Looks like the bundle will be the best of
both worlds - a solid state personal player a hard drive for car and
stationary use.

John
---
John De Armond