Subject: Audio amplifier
From: Thomas Kobler (webmaster_at_mzon.de)
Date: 2003-09-19

   hi!

   Has anybody thought of using something like the
   MAX9710 to get some reasonable power out of the
   recorder?
   http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAX9710-MAX9711.pdf

   To my suprise, there seems to be no external amp
   in the recorder for the headphones and I've connected
   small passiv sony speakers for a walkman (8Ohm!!)
   directly to the MAS 3587F for hours.. :-)

   The above IC delivers up to 2x2W_at_4Ohm, doesn't need
   large capacitors, has a rather small footprint, needs
   only few external components and draws typically 12mA
   for itself.

   Better ideas to improve the output power?