Subject: Re: Audio amplifier
From: Tjerk Schuringa (
Date: 2003-09-19

--- Thomas Kobler <> wrote:
> The above IC (MAX9710) delivers up to 2x2W_at_4Ohm, doesn't need
> large capacitors, has a rather small footprint, needs
> only few external components and draws typically 12mA
> for itself.

If you use speakers instead of phones it's a nice solution, otherwise get a
MAX4410 ( ), which also ditches
the big electrolytics AND is intended for headphone use. It DOUBLES output
power as well, so if you include a sensible feedback network you can get extra
bass boost FOR FREE!!! I'm gonna get samples, yeah! Usually they send two
chips, so I can do both my Jeukbox and my Rio PMP300 if I can get a PCB for the

Do you Yahoo!?