Subject: Re: What would you get right now?
From: David McIntyre (
Date: 2003-09-20

The filesystem-based players are accessible as a drive on your computer, for
sake of copying files to/from the unit. The database-driven systems need an app
that lets you copy files to the unit, and a lot of them don't have a provision
for copying anything from the unit.

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:31:17PM +0200, svante t wrote:
> could some one explain the difference between a database-based mp3
> player like ipod and a xx-one like archos (what ever the definition
> is, fill it in) for me?
> /svante
> >akame wrote:
> >>According to Neuros customer support, "International distribution
> >>of the Neuros MP3 digital audio computer is planned for 2004". Of
> >>course that's a long long way way ;-)
> >
> >I don't think I will be able to wait until 2004 without an Archos...
> >and I don't want a database-based mp3 player like the iPod or the
> >Creative ones.
> >Maybe I'll buy a Recorder, at least the batteries won't blow up...

David McIntyre
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7 for geek code, pgp key, etc.