Subject: Re: What would you get right now?
From: Glenn Ervin at home (
Date: 2003-09-20

I must speak in favor of Radio Shack.
I told the list a few weeks ago that I was trying to get my JBR-FM from
somewhere other than Radio Shack.
Well my work did not get me to South Sioux City where I could have used my
lunch hour to pick one up. And I knew of nobody coming in from Omaha or
So I broke down and asked Radio Shack to order it for me.
Well, I waited and waited, while they kept telling me it was going to be
here in 3 or 4 days, and this went on for a couple of weeks. When it came,
they gave me 10% off the price for it being late.

Now that Archos would not respond to me after I experienced the breaking of
the F1 key, I went to Radio Shack with my problem.
Today, they gave me another new unit.

I don't know for how long they will honor a warranty for this unit, as they
don't have an extended warranty policy for this unit.
I know that the manual states that for questions on the unit should be taken
to the place of purchase, I would have thought that Archos would have
responded to my e-mails since I had a problem with my unit in less than a